CBD and Pets Overview:
- Why does CBD work?
- CBD for pets
- Pets and cancer
- Benefits of CBD for pets
- What is CBD for dogs?
- Hemp Dog Products
- CBD dog treats
- CBD oil for cats
- How much CBD should I give my dog?
How Does CBD Work?
Cannabidiol (CBD) works by activating and healing the endocannabinoid system (ECS) in all mammals which includes you, me, and our pets. The ECS interacts with every system in our pet’s cardiovascular, immune, and digestive systems as well as affecting relaxation and cognitive brain functions. One of the most obvious areas of impact is that of anti-inflammatory qualities.
More specifically, the endocannabinoid system is regulated by CB1 and CB2 receptors. CB1 receptors are found in higher numbers in the brain. And notably more CB2 receptors are found within the immune and endocrine system.
In short, all mammals benefit from CBD pet products that balance and regenerate the cells of their Central and peripheral nervous systems.
Pets and CBD
As most of you know, CBD is short for ‘cannabidiol’ and is one of 85+ cannabinoids that are found in the Cannabis plant.
A cannabinoid is one of many natural compounds that acts on ‘cannabinoid receptors’ in mammalian cells that alter the neurotransmitter release in the brain.
The cannabinoid CBD (or CBD hemp oil) is 100% natural-safe, 100% non-psychoactive, and 100% non-addictive for pets as it is with humans.
All mammals have been determined to have well-developed endocannabinoid systems with CB2 receptors and similar architecture to our human systems. Both of our physiologies, health, and general well-being has proven to respond equally well to ingesting CBD regularly.
Powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects relieve humans and our pets by triggering and feeding our peripheral nervous system with what our nature wants most – cannabidiol and its related cannabinoids which produce anti-anxiety and anti-psychotic effects in all mammals.
Is CBD Safe for Dogs?
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health, very high doses up to 1500mg of CBD in humans over extended periods have no adverse affect on “physiological parameters” such as body temperature, heart rate and blood pressure. The same can be said of the observations by scientists all over the world using animals in their studies on CBD.
Only CBD Products Are:
100% Non-Toxic – 100% Non-Psychoactive – 100% Non-Addictive
Most CBD for pets is obtained from hemp oil which contains only traces of THC (not good for pets), and pets respond very similar to humans when given CBD or hemp oil. There also appears to be no development of any level of tolerance to CBD in pets. All 50 States allow the sale and purchase of Hemp oil and CBD for pets.
Pets and Cancer
The National Cancer institute which is a division of the National Institutes of Health has made it clear that CBD has been shown to possess anti-cancer properties in numerous clinical and scientific studies. It has been shown that some of the cannabinoids in Cannabis (which includes “hemp”) does kill cancer cells.
As an additional mention, the NCI’s findings conclude that when CBD (and even raw Cannabis) is ingested during chemotherapy treatments, this combined treatment is more efficacious at killing cancer cells and marginal healthy cells have higher potential for survivability.
Benefits of CBD for Pets
• Arthritis – Apparently, cats have less medication options when it comes to managing their arthritis pain. CBD is an obvious choice as a better alternative to prescription medication for inflammation. It works on our pets just like it does for us with improved joint mobility and less pain.
• Asthma – A common inflammatory condition with our cats often requires prescription inhalers that can be largely replaced by a simple, daily CBD oil regimen over time and with the supervision of your veterinarian.
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) – CBD is even more important as a preventative supplement as well because it has such effective anti-inflammatory properties. This is the way to reverse the syndrome in cats as well as their owners.
• Pancreatitis – Often herbal remedies and digestive enzymes for pets with Pancreatitis have been found to be very helpful. Addition of CBD should be delivered in the gel cap form for this condition. Consult your veterinarian.
• Visible Tumors & Skin problems are often improved even when other medications do not work.
• Aids Digestion and will relieve Nausea.
• Calming Effect from injury, anxiety, phobias from traumatic events.